Durabit EF (Extra Flexible) is a water based, polymer emulsion waterproofing membrane.
Durabit EF is an elastomeric, environmentally friendly membrane designed for both internal and (non-exposed) external applications. It cures to form a durable, odourless, impervious, seamless membrane that resists re-emulsifying after it has fully even if immersed in water.
Durabit EF provides all the properties that you will require from a water-based membrane which includes: Full Accredited by CSIRO Quick drying. Elastomeric +300% and flexible. Tough and durable. Does not re-emulsify after curing. Does not bleed or discolour grout and tiles. Ideal for waterproofing wet areas and under tile applications. Suitable for water potable applications. Compatible with most tile adhesives. Available in white, grey and blue. I short this is a great water-based waterproofing membrane! Typical applications include the waterproofing of wet areas, balconies, decks, terraces, retaining walls, planters.
Durabit EF is available in white, black, grey and blue, does not stain grout or tiles and has excellent resistance to hydrostatic pressure
- Durabit EF is a versatile membrane suitable for many demanding waterproofing applications:
- It meets the criteria of AS4858:2004 and is applied in accordance with AS3740.
- Not a hazardous product and not flammable. Water-based.
- Permanently flexible (tested to class 111 - highest sensibility).
- Suitable for contact with drinking water.
- Formulated for wet area and under tile applications.
- Does not re-emulsify after proper curing.
- Tough, durable and flexible.
- Dries fast. Compatible with most tile adhesives.
- Easy to apply.
- Virtually odourless.
- Will not stain grout or tiles.
- Available in a range of colours.
Durabit EF has been formulated for most waterproofing applications requiring long term waterproofing and meets the criteria of AS4858:2004 Wet Area Membranes and Contact With Drinking Water Test AS/NZS4020:2002 making it ideal for:
- Shower recesses & wet areas.
- Tiled or topped - decks, terraces, balconies, podiums, roofs.
- Retaining walls, planter boxes.
- Water tanks and immersed conditions.