Duram Primeseal is a versatile two-part, water based coating suitable for most types of porous and semi-porous surfaces.
Primeseal has been designed for the dual roles of both a primer and a sealer.
As a primer, Primeseal is an excellent universal primer for all Duram waterproofing membranes, anti-slip coatings, paints and coatings.
It has excellent bonding properties to most substrates and assists in the prevention of water vapour transmission from the substrate thereby minimising the risk of bubbles forming underneath membranes.
As a sealer, Primeseal exhibits excellent primary waterproofing and sealing properties and enhances the waterproofing performance of subsequent membranes and coatings.
Primeseal’s standard colour is off-white and generally used as a top coat over Crystoflex to provide an attractive colour in water features.
- Primeseal is user and environmentally friendly, solvent-free and low in odour.
- Easy to apply by brush, roller, squeegee and spray.
- Quick drying.
- Has excellent adhesion.
- Excellent water barrier.
- Can be used as a primary waterproof barrier on rigid surfaces.
- It will not re-emulsify.
- Seals over most existing coatings.
- Excellent hydrostatic pressure resistance.
- Can be used to seal the negative and the positive sides of the substrate.
- Can be applied to superficially damp surfaces, which must become dry.
- Compatible with all Duram waterproofing membranes and floor coatings.
- Acts as a bleed sealer over bituminous surfaces.
- Excellent primer over torch-on waterproofing products
Duram PRIMESEAL is formulated:
- as a general and universal primer for most types of substrates.
- as a sealer coat over bitumen surfaces to allow the application of solvent and water based waterproofing membranes and other coatings.
- as a sealer over damp surfaces to allow the application of urethane based waterproofing membranes.
- as an intercoat bridging coating to allow the application of incompatible coatings.
- Priming and sealing of concrete, cement, cement render, timber, brick, block work, FC sheeting, CFC sheeting, plasterboard and bituminous surfaces.
- as a sealer against bitumen and tar based products staining grout and tiles.
- to provide good hydrostatic resistance to both positive and negative waterproofing.
- as a primer over bituminous and torch-on membranes so that they can be top-coated or re-membraned.